About this Course
Safety Development Units (SDU) Points: 40
This unit covers basic principles in the identification and assessment of biological hazards and risks, and the methods for sampling of bio-aerosols to evaluate the exposure risks.
The unit also includes the knowledge and skills in assessing the necessary control measures including facility control, equipment control, safe practices and procedures and the use of personal protective equipment to help ensure biosafety at the workplace.
On completion of this unit, the learner will have the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills in evaluate and control biological hazards and be able to apply them at the workplace.
- Apply the basic principles in the identification and assessment of biological hazards and risks and the methods for sampling of bio-aerosols to evaluate the exposure risks
- Provides the knowledge and skills in identifying the necessary control measures including engineering control, containment level, safe practices and procedures and the use of personal protective equipment to help ensure biosafety at the workplace
Participants will learn through a unique blend of group discussions, lecture and practical exercises
- Principles of disease transmission
- Types of biological hazards
- Information on risk factors
- Bio-aerosol sampling methods
- Facility and equipment biological hazards control measures
- Safe practices and procedures, and the use of personal protective equipment
- Biosafety Levels
- Legal and other requirements
The minimum criteria are:
- ES WPLN Level 6, OR Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ for English and Mathematics AND
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science (Chemistry and Physics)
Preference will be given to candidates who have at least two years of working experience in any industry. Individuals considering the WSQ Specialist Diploma in OH should also be self-directed, passionate and committed to ethical practice in Occupational Hygiene, receptive to change in the light of new evidence, and possess an analytical mind and a meticulous approach to problemsolving.
This course is intended for:
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH technicians etc.
- Any persons who would like to gain more knowledge and skills on the biological hazard control at the workplace
- /5 from users
- Course Provider COMAT TRAINING SERVICES PTE LTD
- Course Category Health
- Course Price $700