About this Course
The Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) is a programme that provides the workforce in the training industry with the essential skills and knowledge to design and deliver competency-based training programmes and assessment.
The ACTA focus on equipping individuals with the competencies to perform specific job tasks. The individual's competency is assessed using performance standards (based on WSQ) that are recognised by the Industry. The ACTA programme equips individual with essential skills and knowledge to take on the roles of a curriculum developer, assessment developer, trainer or assessor.
**It is highly recommended to enroll in CU1 and CU2 in attaining foundational understanding of competency based frameworks and learning, prior to enrolling in CU3A, CU4A, CU5, CU6
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants signing up for any unit are expected to have the following skills and knowledge. These skills and knowledge will not be taught in the programme.
a) Employability skills at a proficiency level equivalent to operations level
- Communication and Relationship Management (apply in group discussions and activities)
- Problem-solving and Decision-making (apply in case study activity)
- Learning and Personal Development (identify ways to enhance own learning and development e.g. research for relevant information, sharing information with others, accessing and reading other materials, etc.)
- Workplace ICT Skills (for research work and individual assignment)
b) Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) Level 8
c) Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) Level 8
d) Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employment Skills System (ESS) Level 7
- Practical approach, supported by theory-based classroom sessions
- Lecture, discussion and presentation by participants
All participants are required to attend a final assessment that consist of written questions and role playing.
The answer scripts will be marked by the participant's facilitator or other independent assessor assigned by NTUC LearningHub.
The programme is suitable for people who are moving into the training arena with little or zero knowledge in the training fields.
Participants who are assessed as competent will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for each module, awarded by the Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
- /5 from users
- Course Provider NEXT U PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Other
- Course Price n/a