About this Course
Preschoolers are curious and enjoy exploring their environment. As young investigators, their interest and excitement at wanting to know about significant events and phenomena in their environment engages their hearts and minds. Through their engagement in projects, children's learning is enhanced as they are provided with opportunities to apply their developing social, emotional, literacy and numeracy skills.
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the 3 phases of the Project Approach, and how these phases can be implemented in the classroom. Participants will develop their understanding of the Project Approach, implement strategies for learning in simulated projects, and learn how to incorporate the approach into their own curriculum plans.
- Plan projects in their own classrooms
- Do field work with children
- Help children investigate people and places
- Offer children a variety of ways to represent new learning
- Integrate the curriculum in project work
- Document children's learning
- Assess children's learning in their project work
- Introduction to the project approach
- A planning framework for teachers
- Phase 1: Getting projects started
- Phase 2: Engaging in field work
- Documenting project activities
- Phase 3: Sharing and evaluating projects
The programme includes lectures, visual presentations, group discussions providing a complete simulation of project work.
Seminar notes and materials for all participants
Certificate of Attendance to all attendees
- /5 from users
- Course Provider ASIAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE PTE. LTD.
- Course Category People
- Course Price n/a