About this Course
Course OverviewThis Competency Unit enables the learner to acquire skills and knowledge to support children/students with special needs effectively in a setting within early childhood education centres, primary schools, student care centres and disability service centres.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Equip educators with the necessary skills to work with children / students with special needs
- Support learning for children / students with special needs
- Establish programme plans and services capable of meeting complex needs of children / students with special needs
- Assist with the development and implementation of communication programmes to meet the needs of children / students with special needs
- Assist with the development and implementation of communication programmes to meet the needs of the child/young person
- Assist with individual lesson planning of required com with special needs
Combination of summative & formative methods
Comprises different modes of assessment strategies (e.g. observations, interviews, product demonstration and written work)
Adopts ‘Team Assessment’ method – ensuring valid and authentic outcomes
Minimum GCE 'N' Level credits including English Language
Students who successfully complete each unit will be awarded the Statement of Attainment (SOA) by Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA). Four Statement of Attainments (SOA) will be awarded upon completion of the programme.
The course comprises of four individual units with duration ranging from 30 to 40 hours per unit for part-time study.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider ASIAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE PTE. LTD.
- Course Category People
- Course Price $84