About this Course
The WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (WSQ SDECCE) awarded by Asian International College is accredited by the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) system.
It is designed to equip leaders of preschool centres with the skills necessary for implementing high quality preschool programmes. This Diploma programme will highlight the various administrative and managerial functions necessary for an organised and effective preschool.
Students who have successfully completed the WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education can proceed to pursue the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Early Childhood Education, validated and awarded by the University of Wales (UK).
Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Raise awareness of issues pertaining to government guidelines and curriculum implementation and current research in early childhood care and education
- Be equipped with skills to observe, evaluate and appraise teachers, provide a creative learning environment, and mentor fellow-teachers
- Acquire management and supervision skills that promote effective learning programmes, and encourage teamwork among staff and collaboration with parents
- Be equipped with the administrative and management skills necessary for the efficient operation of early childhood centres
5 GCE 'O' level credits including EL1# and a Diploma in Preschool Education - Teaching / Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching
#Those with a C5 or C6 for EL1 are given 2 years from the point of teacher registration to obtain a B4 in EL1 or a minimum band of 6.5 in IELTS
For students with Foreign Qualifications, please approach our friendly Recruitment Officers for assistance.
Assessments will be based on students' performance in assignments – in the form of field research, case studies, journal writing, reflection, classroom discussions, presentation and practicum. Some modules are examination-based.
The course is conducted over 24 months of part-time study or 12 months of full-time study. Students are required to complete 650 classroom hours and 200 practicum hours.
Requirement for Graduation
To qualify for certification of the programme and/or progression to the next level of the programme, students must pass all prescribed modules and practicum (where applicable).
Students will be notified on the collection of transcripts within 3 months from the last assessment.
The certificates will be presented to the student upon graduation annually.
Students who successfully complete all modules will be awarded the WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education by Asian International College which is accredited by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) and the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
- /5 from users
- Course Provider ASIAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE PTE. LTD.
- Course Category People
- Course Price $1270