About this Course
The style and spaces of buildings that we live, work or play, do not happen by chance. A skilled professional would have had to plan and prepare drawings for construction and alteration, and ensure all goes according to the plans.
If you have an eye for detail, like drawing and model making, this is the course for you.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Produce conceptual drawings.
- Produce architectural base drawings.
- Produce presentation package.
- Produce construction drawings.
- Produce residential building drawings.
- Produce additions and alterations drawings.
- Produce commercial building drawings.
- Architectural Graphics
- Digital Building Drafting
- Presentation Package
- Construction Drawing
- Residential Building
- Additions and Alterations Drawing
- Commercial Building
Life Skills Modules
- Personal and Professional Development I & II
- Interdisciplinary Studies I & II
- Sport and Wellness I & II
Electives (Course Specific)
- Prefabricated Construction Drawing
- Construction Quality Assessment System
- Technical Mathematics
- Design Thinking
- Entrepreneurship for Innovation
- Bridging Mathematics I
- Marketing and Promotions in Entrepreneurship
- Elementary Japanese
- Conversational Mandarin
- Understanding Foreign Cultures
- Industry Attachment
- Overseas Experiential Programme
Nitec in Space Design (Architecture) graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Space Design (Architecture) graduates with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Nitec in Space Design (Architecture) graduates are employed by government departments, statutory boards and private companies in the building and construction sector. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Architectural Draftsperson, Architectural Technician, Technical Officer and Technical Assistant.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
To apply for the Nitec in Space Design (Architecture) course, you need to have:
GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics and 2 other subjects
*Note: Applicants applying for this course must ensure that they do not suffer from colour-appreciation deficiency and must attend an interview and pass a drawing test for admission.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider Institute of Technical Education
- Course Category Building
- Course Price n/a