About this Course
The CSOC is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in the construction industry. Construction workers are required to go through the CSOC before they start work at the worksite. The WSH Act subsidiary legislation Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order para 2. The Schedule (1) stipulates that “Any worker employed in manual labour to carry out construction work in building and engineering construction worksites must undergo a safety and health training course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.”
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the common safety hazards at construction site
- Know the preventive measures to be adopted
- Knowledge and skills in working at height
- Understand the importance of observing safety sign and safe work procedures
- Know their right and responsibilities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Any worker employed in manual labour to carry out work in construction worksites.
The course comprises the following topics delivered over 1 day.
- Identify legal obligations in workplace safety and health
- Identify hazards in a construction site
- Understand the Permit to Work System
- Practice safety precautions (includes risk assessment) and response when working with different hazards, including Fire emergencies
- Competent in wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to understand and recognise industrial safety signs
- Able to work safely at height
- Know the dangers and precautionary measures associated with Confined Space operations
- Know the rights and responsibilities of workers working in Singapore
The course is delivered over 2 days or 17 hrs including 4hrs practical assessment and 1hr written test.
Basic Health and Safety awareness recommended. Language proficiency, recommend WPLN Level 2 and above or equivalent for English language.
HOW IS IT ASSESSED?
The course is assessed by:
- 40 multiple-choice questions [60% passing mark]
- Practical assessment including working at height, use of fire extinguisher, confined space, safety signs and emergency response.
Participants with 100% attendance and successfully completed / passed both the practical and written assessments, will be awarded CSOC card/pass (Note: Participants with less than 6 years of working experience in Singapore will get a safety pass that is valid for 2 years. Participants with more than 6 years of working experience in Singapore will get a safety pass that is valid for 4 years) issued by KBA Training Centre Pte Ltd ~ Accredited by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Singapore.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider KBA TRAINING CENTRE PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Other
- Course Price $1150