About this Course
At work, you may find expression of certain emotions can adversely affect your relationships with others. One such difficult emotion is anger. While anger is natural and healthy, it can become a serious problem if not managed well.
When anger is frequent or overwhelming, it hinders work performance significantly. Also as Managers and Executives, we may be called upon to deal with angry colleagues. It can be challenging if you are not familiar with the appropriate way to understand the psychology behind and deal with it.
However, anger and other difficult emotions can be very constructive if managed well. It can become a powerful tool for leadership and innovation.
This workshop is aimed at imparting effective skills in managing anger and how to use it to enhance leadership skills and motivate others.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Learn how expression of certain emotions can adversely affect your relationships with others
- Manage difficult emotions like anger more effectively at workplace
- Employ positive anger energy for constructive outcome
- Enhance people management skills and customer service
Mid-level Managers, Executive and Admin Support Staff.
What Is Anger?
- Recognising Anger
- Expressing Anger
- Screening of Video - Anger Management and Discussion
Dangers of Suppressed Anger
- Anxiety and Depression
- Broken Relationships
- Chronic Illnessess
Various Types of Anger
- Behavioral, Verbal, Passive, Self-Inflicted
- Screening of Video - Coaching To Manage Conflict and Discussion
Sources of Anger
- The Nine Sources
- Screening of Video - Conflict On The Line and Discussion
The Five Steps Approach to Managing Anger
- Think it Trough
- Pick Option
- Check Progress
Other Ways to Manage Anger
- Using Stress Relief Therapy
- Screening of Video - The Joy Of Stress and Discussion
Lecture, DVD Case Study and Discussion
- /5 from users
- Course Provider Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
- Course Category People
- Course Price n/a