About this Course
A child psychology program learns the mind, societal and emotional development of children. If you love working with kids, do consider a profession as a child psychologist who understands, prevents, diagnoses and treats developmental, cognitive, social and emotional issues of a child.
Potential Career Path in following industry: Assistant in Childcare Centers, Counselors in Pre School, Nursery, Child Psychologist, Childcare worker.
Structure and Duration
Minimum 12 months, Part-time
2 evenings per week, 6:45pm – 9:15pm
The following types of direct assessment methods are used as evaluation tools for each module:
Mid-term Exam (20%)
Final Exam (20%)
Assignments may consist of Multiple choice, True/False, Short answer questions and written assignment such as essays, Case Studies, Critical Reviews and Research Papers.
Achieve a minimum 24 credits and earn at least a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0.
Students must complete 8 subjects which include the 3 Compulsory subjects and choose 5 subjects from the list of Electives.
Minimum 16 years old. Completed ’O’ Level or ITE CertificateStudent with ‘N’ Level is required to complete the ‘Certificate in Writing & Communication’ with minimum Grade ‘D’.
- Freshman Composition 1 (Compulsory)
- Introduction to Sociology (Compulsory)
- General Psychology (Compulsory)
- Child Development (Elective)
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education (Elective)
- Health, Safety & Nutrition of Young Children (Elective)
- Counseling (Elective)
- Children with Special Needs (Elective)
- Child Play Therapy (Elective)
- Abnormal Child Psychology (Elective)
- Parenting : Parent-Child Relationship (Elective)
- Psychology of Learning (Elective)
- Cognitive Psychology (Elective)
- Education Psychology (Elective)0
- One Elective in any area of discipline
- /5 from users
- Course Provider ARIUM SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SCIENCES PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Health
- Course Price $5800