About this Course
The content of the programmes should be based on the core curriculum that supports the appropriate specialist content for a discipline or disciplines within the construction, building services engineering pathways. Programmes and courses should develop learner’s knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness necessary to provide them with the potential to progress to technical, supervisory and managerial positions in construction, building services engineering and civil engineering.
Programmes should make provision for:
• Sufficient time to achieve consistency of learning outcome standards and, when coupled with enhanced further learning, will enable learners to achieve the educational base required for an incorporated engineer.
• Both breadth and depth of coverage to meet the needs of industry in relation to technical and personal skills.
• The development of higher-level skills.
• The foundation for subsequent study and developing a commitment to lifelong learning.
All courses should include the development of learner skills in managing and developing themselves, working with others and being part of a team, communicating, managing tasks, solving problems, applying numeracy, IT, design and creativity. An understanding of health, safety, environmental and sustainability issues, and the need to design, install and maintain safe systems of work, is essential and courses should expose learners to these issues, hazards and risk assessment, environment and legal requirements.
Modules Consist of 3 units :
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Building Technology in Construction
This course is assessed by outcome-based coursework which involved assessment & assignment.
There is NO Written Exam assessment.
Graduates could proceed to BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
Candidates who successfully complete all the 3 modules of this programme will be awarded theinternationally recognised Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment
- Min 18 years and above
- Secondary education or Vocational Certification. And English IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Matured students with relevant working experience will be considered case by case basis.
Duration Part Time : 9am to 5pm (Sunday class)
Mode Part Time : 4 months
Contact Hours : 180 hours (Inclusive face to face, tutorial and assignment)
- /5 from users
- Course Provider GLOBAL SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Technology
- Course Price $2400