About this Course
KBA Training Centre Pte Ltd has been invited to pilot the NEW NEBOSH International Construction Certificate. This is a very exciting development and we want you to be a part of this. The Pilot course will be offered at a highly reduced course fee.
Work in the construction industry can be a very rewarding profession. The world economy is heavily influenced by construction activities and almost everyone has some involvement in construction work during their lifetime. Nevertheless construction remains a very hazardous industry that accounts for a large number of accidents each year. The NEBOSH International Construction Certificate is a specialist professional qualification that allows individuals to gain a good grounding in construction related health and safety and satisfy employers that they are up to the job.
The contents of this course are covered in THREE units:
UNIT IGC 1: Management of International health & safety (5 days) *
- Foundations in health and safety
- Organising for health and safety
- Promoting a positive health & safety culture
- Risk assessment
- Principles of control
- Monitoring review and audit
- Incident and accident investigation and reporting
* Note: Candidates who have been awarded a NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety in the last five years will be exempted from IGC 1 and can simply 'top-up' with this specialist unit (ICC 1) and practical assessment (ICC 2) to achieve the new award.
UNIT ICC 1: Managing and controlling hazards in international construction activities (5 days)
- Construction management
- Construction activities hazards and control
- Movement of people and vehicles – hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling – hazards and control
- Work equipment - hazards and control
- Electrical hazards and control
- Fire hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and control
- Working at height - hazards and control
- Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and control
- Demolition hazards and control
UNIT ICC 2: International Construction Health & Safety Practical Application (5 days)
The completion of a health & safety assessment of a workplace and a report to management.
*Note: The ICC1 and ICC2 units together comprises over 70 hours of tuition.
Examinations are held on the last day of the course or for distance learners four times per year at any British Council or participating university.
The examination can be taken in English or French.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider KBA TRAINING CENTRE PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Business
- Course Price $1950