About this Course
This course provides students with broad-based skills and knowledge in electrical engineering that includes the operation, monitoring and maintenance of electrical installations and control systems in residential, commercial and industrial premises according to engineering specifications, codes of practice and regulations.
- Electrotechnology and Motor Control
- Electrical Installations and Design
- Intelligent Control Systems and Programming
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Electrical Power Systems
Credit for Certification
Total of 38 credits from successful completion of 6 modules.
1) Applicant must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
2) The training schedule of lessons is subject to change.
3) Depending on the demand, not all the modules in the part-time Higher Nitec in Technology courses will be offered in each intake. Where the modules are offered and there is insufficient enrolment, the classes will be cancelled and a full refund will be given to the affected students.
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1 - 8 in English Language
- Grade 1 - 7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1 - 8 in one of the approved subjects
The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/ Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
Nitec in Technology qualifications
Nitec qualifications [technical skills]
Evening classes – Lessons are held two evenings a week, from 1845 hours to 2145 hours.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider Institute of Technical Education
- Course Category Technology
- Course Price n/a