About this Course
On completion of this unit, the learner will have the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills in control noise and vibration and be able to apply them at the workplace.
- Apply the basic principles in noise and vibration control
- Provides the fundamental knowledge and skills in noise and vibration control
- Typical control measures and assessment of these control measures’ effectiveness
Who should attend this Course?
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians
- Occupational health professionals such as occupational health nurses and physicians
- Other professionals in OH-related fields such as ergonomics, human factors, occupational psychology, noise monitoring and control, acoustics, as well as engineering and facility management specialists require knowledge on the control of noise and vibration at the workplace
- Persons who want to be recognised by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower to advice occupiers and employers on noise control in factories and workplaces
- Persons who have completed the unit on Monitor Noise and Vibration
Course Content :
Establish the objectives for noise and vibration control in accordance with workplace noise and vibration-related legal and other requirements.
Determine the characteristics of the noise and vibration hazard sources for the purpose of noise control in accordance with recognised standard measurement methods and equipment.
Analyse the characteristics of noise and vibration sources for the identification of possible control approaches.
Determine the control methods for noise and vibration hazards in accordance with the hierarchy of control.
Advise the stakeholders on the implementation of noise and vibration control process at different phases of control.
Evaluate the effectiveness of noise and vibration control measures in meeting the control objectives.
• 14 hours (Training)
• 2 hours (Assessment/Exam)
Trainer : Trainee Ratio : 1 : 20
Individuals will be assessed through various methodologies such as written questioning, written assignment, case studies, practical and oral questioning etc.
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded upon completion of each unit.
Literacy and Numeracy
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6; or
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level for English and Mathematics & Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science (Physics)
Other relevant skills and knowledge
- Attended the WSQ competency unit titled ‘Monitor Noise and Vibration’ or
- Attended MOM’s Accredited ‘Noise Monitoring Course
- /5 from users
- Course Provider GREENSAFE INTERNATIONAL PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Health
- Course Price $950