About this Course
The content of the programmes should be based on the core curriculum that supports the appropriate specialist content for a discipline or disciplines within the construction, building services engineering pathways.
Programmes and courses should develop learner’s knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness necessary to provide them with the potential to progress to technical, supervisory and managerial positions in construction, building services engineering and civil engineering.
Programmes should make provision for:
• Sufficient time to achieve consistency of learning outcome standards and, when coupled with enhanced further learning, will enable learners to achieve the educational base required for an incorporated engineer.
• Both breadth and depth of coverage to meet the needs of industry in relation to technical and personal skills.
• The development of higher-level skills.
• The foundation for subsequent study and developing a commitment to lifelong learning.
All courses should include the development of learner skills in managing and developing themselves, working with others and being part of a team, communicating, managing tasks, solving problems, applying numeracy, IT, design and creativity. An understanding of health, safety, environmental and sustainability issues, and the need to design, install and maintain safe systems of work, is essential and courses should expose learners to these issues, hazards and risk assessment, environment and legal requirements.
Modules Consist of 8 units :
- Design Principles and Application for Construction and the Built Environment
- Group Project in the Construction Industry
- Health, Safety and Welfare for Construction and the Built Environment
- Application of Scientific Principles of Building Services Engineering
- Applied Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment
- Air Conditioning for Industrial and Commercial Buildings
- Refrigeration Technology for Construction and the Built Environment
- Building Management Systems for Building Services Engineering
This course is assessed by outcome-based coursework which involved assessment & assignment.
There is NO Written Exam assessment
Graduates could proceed to the 2nd Year Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering)
BCA Licensing of Builders Act
Student who have successfully completed and graduated from the above mentioned program with at least 5 years in the execution of construction projects, can apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 2 Technical Controller.
Candidates who successfully complete all the 8 modules of this programme will be awarded the
internationally recognised Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Construction and the Built
Environment (Building Services
- Min 18 years and above
- ‘N’/’O’ level with Higher NITEC, ‘A’, STPM, Polytechnic Diploma or Professional certificate from
- Must have credit in English (‘A’, ‘O’ or ‘N’). Those with 3years of working experience with other
qualification will be considered on an individual basis.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider GLOBAL SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Building
- Course Price $6000