About this Course
Safety Development Units (SDU) Points: 40
This unit covers the management of risks resulted from exposure to workplace hazards. It establishes the importance of the protective roles of skin, which is the largest organ in human body and identifies the hazards that may cause injury to the skin. The unit also covers implementation of control measures and programmes to manage skin exposure risks.
On completion of this unit, the learner will have the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills in measuring and assessing contaminants in the workplace.
This unit covers:
- The management of risks resulting from skin exposure to workplace hazards
- The importance of the protective roles of skin, which is the largest organ in the human body and identifies the hazards that may cause injury to the skin
- Implementation of control measures to manage skin exposure risks
Participants will learn through a unique blend of group discussions, lecture and practical exercises.
- Protective roles of skin
- Skin physiology
- Function of skin
- Ill-health effects due to skin exposure
- Strategies for managing skin exposure risks
- Control measures for managing skin exposure risks
- Personal protective equipment programme
- Skin management programme
- Legal requirements applicable to protection of skin
- ES WPLN Level 6, OR Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ for English and Mathematics AND
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science (Chemistry and Physics)
Preference will be given to candidates who have at least two years of working experience in any industry. Individuals considering the WSQ Specialist Diploma in OH should also be self-directed, passionate and committed to ethical practice in Occupational Hygiene, receptive to change in the light of new evidence, and possess an analytical mind and a meticulous approach to problemsolving.
This is intended for:
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians etc.
- Occupational health professionals such as occupational health nurses
- Other OH professionals such as persons managing chemicals in the workplace or operational management staff who would like to learn about prevention of occupational skin disease.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider COMAT TRAINING SERVICES PTE LTD
- Course Category Health
- Course Price $727