About this Course
Want to be a pioneer of the next big thing in the world of info-communications?
Cloud computing is all about the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product. If you would like to be a specialist in the next evolution of IT, this course is just for you. You will learn to configure and maintain virtualization and cloud technologies and apply these technologies in business solutions.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Manage end-user computing system.
- Support office network and devices.
- Support application maintenance and deployment.
- Assist to manage data-centre infrastructure.
- Assist to manage virtualization infrastructure.
- Support business IT needs.
- IT Essentials and PC Support
- Internet Fundamentals and Applications
- Network Essentials
- Server Essentials
- Virtualization Technology
- Businesses Applications for Cloud Computing
- Cloud Infrastructure and Operations
- Cloud Computing Project
- Personal and Professional Development I & II
- Interdisciplinary Studies I & II
- Sport and Wellness I & II
- Technical Mathematics
- Fundamentals of HTML5
- Small Business Management
- Laser Show Production
- Safety Audit and Risk Management
- Nutrition and Health
- Cyber Wellness
- Bridging Mathematics 1
- Green IT Fundamentals
- Aquaculture Techniques
- Marketing and Promotions in Entrepreneurship
- Fashion Modelling
- Introduction to Outdoor Recreation
- Visual Basic Programming
- Windows 7 Installation and Configuration
- Data Backup and Protection
- Oracle Database and SQL
- Elementary Japanese
- Conversational Mandarin
- Understanding Foreign Cultures
- Industry Attachment
- Overseas Experiential Programme
Nitec in Info-Communications Technology (Cloud Computing) graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Info-Communications Technology (Cloud Computing) graduates with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Nitec in Info-Communications Technology (Cloud Computing) graduates are employed by a wide range of private and public sector organisations in all industries, ranging from telecommunications, manufacturing, banking, retail, government, education and even health care and insurance. Some of the job titles held by graduates include IT Specialist, Technical Support Associate, Associate Systems Administrator and Datacenter Support.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students to prepare themselves by upgrading their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
To apply for the Nitec in Info-Communications Technology (Cloud Computing) course, you need to have:
GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics or Science and 2 other subjects
- /5 from users
- Course Provider Institute of Technical Education
- Course Category Technology
- Course Price n/a