About this Course
The overall aim of this course is for candidates to acquire knowledge and practical skills to manage competently, the health and safety issues regarding “Work at Height” at their workplace.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal duties and legislation required for Work at Height
- Identify the hazards involved during work at height and the appropriate control to eliminate or minimize the risk which include;
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Hierarchy of Control for risk
- Control measures, review and record keeping
- Selection of appropriate work at height equipment
- Appropriate use, inspect and maintenance of work at height PPE
- Understand the importance and have the ability to implement a fall protection plan.
- Emergency procedures and rescue plans
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This IOSH accredited course is ideal for designers, facilities managers, supervisors, employees and employers who have a responsibility for or are involved in work at height.
The course comprises of five modules delivered over two days
- Identify legislation related to Work at Height
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessment on safety & health hazards and implement preventive measures related to work at height.
- Identify, use and care for fall prevention systems & equipment.
- Develop & implement a fall prevention plan
- Application and use of personal fall protection equipment.
Health and Safety awareness recommended.
HOW IS IT ASSESSED?
The course is assessed by a short written/multiple-choice paper and practical assessment which includes:
- Inspection and proper fitting of personal fall protection equipment (PPE)
- Correct usage of fall prevention system and various fall arrest equipment.
Delegates who have attended and successfully completed both the practical and written assessments, will be awarded the Working At Height certificate issued by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) from the UK.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider KBA TRAINING CENTRE PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Health
- Course Price $1195