About this Course
The overall aim of this course is for candidates to acquire knowledge and practical skills to manage competently, the health & safety issues at their workplace and to international accredited levels.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management principles and practices to health & safety issues as part of a total business strategy
- Set practical health and safety objectives, plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives
- Recognise safety and health hazards present in the workplace
- Ensure adequate information, training and supervision is provided
- Investigate incidents and take remedial action
- Understand and implement their legal responsibilities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for anyone who has responsibility for managing health and safety; anyone requiring a broad based knowledge in health and safety or has a need to develop practical safe systems of work.
The course comprises of seven core modules delivered over 3 days.
- Principles of accident prevention
- The costs of accidents
- Common and statute law (UK Based)
- Health and safety management systems
- Safety management models and risk management
- Workplace hazards, such as fire, electricity, COSHH, noise and work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Effective communications
- Audit and review
This assessed course will cover the application of recognised management principles in health and safety and will equip the delegate to tackle the issues in their own work place.
Delegates must allocate sufficient time after the course for completing a workplace based assignment.
This course is assessed by:
A short written/objective multiple-choice paper. Dual language papers in English/Chinese; English/Malay and English/Bahasa Indonesia available for assistance.
A workplace based written assignment in English.
Delegates who attend and successfully complete both the practical and written assessments, will be awarded the Managing Safety certificate issued by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) in the UK.
The practical assessment must be completed in the delegate's workplace and submitted within two weeks of completing the course. A minimum pass grade of 70% is required for certification.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider KBA TRAINING CENTRE PTE. LTD.
- Course Category Health
- Course Price $400