About this Course
Scrum is the leading Agile development methodology for completing complex projects and is usedby top organizations around the world. It was originally designed for software development, but hasproven its value for any complex project.
Agile Scrum is as radically different from traditional project management, as agile processes are differentfrom traditional methodologies. Rather than plan, instruct and direct – the ScrumMaster facilitates, coachesand leads. Participants learn how to become a ScrumMaster from the experts, and how to make adevelopment team, a project, or an organization, agile. The ScrumMaster is the person who keeps the teamfocused on its goal, and is the person responsible for proper execution of Scrum within the organization.
The Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course provides an optimal mix of classroom lectures,interactive case studies, assignments and additional reading materials to get you ready for implementingScrum in your organization.
This course is aimed at people who work, or would like to work, in Agile Scrum teams. The objective of thistwo-day course is to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to work effectively in an Agile Scrum team;in roles such as Product Owner, ScrumMaster or Scrum team member. You will learn more than the basicframework in this course. You will also understand the underlying principles and specific techniques neededto help your team achieve project success.
Introduction to Scrum
- Concepts of Agile
- Scrum Basics and Roles
- Scrum Ceremonies and Artifacts
- Estimation Techniques, Planning Poker and Velocity
- Product Backlog and User Stories
- Sprint and Release planning
- Sprint Burn Down Charts
- Release Burn Down Charts
- Release Management
- Tracking Progress in Scrum and Metrics
- Sprint Review and Retrospective
Scrum Team Dynamics
- Collaboration, Negotiations and Team Communication, Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Empower teams and adaptive leadership
- Team challenges for Agile adoption
- Managing distributed teams
- Soft issues and cultural diversity
- Transitioning teams to Scrum
- Writing User Stories
- Sprint and Release planning
At the end of this course, you will understand:
- The principles of Agile and Scrum
- How to describe and participate in all parts of the Scrum framework
- How to launch a Scrum team
- How Scrum helps organizations cope with change
- How to apply a common lexicon of project management terms and principles
- Pragmatic practices for planning, project execution, and progress reporting
- The ScrumMaster’s role and how it is different from a project manager’s role
At the end of the course participants are prepared to take and pass the Certified ScrumMaster Evaluation, which will be available online following the course. Participants have 90 days after completing the course to register for the evaluation. The evaluation takes approximately 60 minutes to complete and consists of a combination of multiple-choiceand true/false questions. Participants will be required to demonstrate their understanding of key Scrumelements during the evaluation. The cost of the evaluation is included in the cost of the course.
Those considering working in or with a Scrum team:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Software Architects
- System Analysts
- Team Leaders
- Scrum Masters
- Scrum Product Owners
- Scrum Team Members
- CIOs and CTOs
Participants are required to have a basic understanding of the principals of Scrum.
This information is available on the Scrum Alliance website.
- /5 from users
- Course Provider COMAT TRAINING SERVICES PTE LTD
- Course Category Other
- Course Price n/a